We have been looking excitedly at the world map on our blog this week and have been amazed at all the different countries who have been visiting us! We thought it would be a great idea to learn more about the countries our visitors come from, since some of them might even be coming here for the Rugby World Cup! We got into groups of 2 or 3 and researched some of the countries. Caleb, Zeb and Ashton researched France, using keywords so that they could find the information they needed easily. Here are the top 10 facts they discovered about France:
1. France is the largest european country as it is nearly 20% of the territory.
2. The most popular sports are football, rugby league and rugby union.
3. Good morning in French is "bonjour."
4. Good evening is "bonsoir."
5. 54% of French people identify themselves as being christian.
6. The capital of France is Paris.
7. Almost 70% of the land in France has been reserved for National Park.
8. The city of Paris has 2,160,000 people living there.
9. The average temperature in January is 39F and in July is 69F.
10. The Eiffel Tower is the most famous symbol in France and is in Paris.